Young Inventors Challenge 2022 Special Edition Celebrating 10th Year Anniversary
Theme: “Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”
The Young Inventors Challenge 2022 Special Edition (YIC 2022) is our 10th Invention/Innovation competition which aims to encourage secondary school students aged 13 – 17 to cooperate as a team (2-5 students) to find innovative solutions to current day problems. As the organizers of the YIC, ASTI (Association of Science Technology and Innovation), would like to continue with Young Inventors Challenge Special Edition for the 3rd year in 2022, due to the uncertain situation of Covid-19 pandemic and travel restrictions. Therefore, YIC 2022 will be conducted Online via Proposal Submission, Invention Pitch Video and Report Submission.
Who Can Participate?
- Young people aged between 13 and 17 (Form 1 to 5).
- A team consisting of 2 – 5 young people.
- Teams made up of different cultural background (Highly Encouraged).
- 1 X Platinum Award – RM 2500 with Digital Certificates
- 2 X Gold Awards – RM 1500 each with Digital Certificates
- 7 X Silver Awards – RM 750 each with Digital Certificates
- 10 X Bronze Awards – RM 400 each with Digital Certificates
- All participants will be awarded a Digital Certificates of Participation.
The Official Launch of YIC 2022
The official launch of Young Inventors Challenge 2022 Special Edition details as below:
Date: 30 March 2022, Wednesday
Time: 5pm (MYT)
How To Participate?
1. Form a Team of 2 to 5 people aged 13-17 years old and Submit Registration
2. Develop the Invention Proposal following the format given in the Students Manual and Proposal Writing Guidelines as below:
The Proposal Writing Guide Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgQHiCqWomE
Students Manual of YIC 2022
3. Registered teams will be guided with Online Training as per details below:
Online Training 1:
Date: 11 May 2022 Wednesday
Time: 5pm to 6pm (MYT)
4. Submit Invention Proposal via
5. Shortlisted teams will be notified via email by mid- June 2022 and will be guided with Online Training and Facebook Live Training from June – August 2021
6. 2 months to develop “Working Prototype” (July-August 2022)
7. Shortlisted Teams submits 1) Invention Pitch Video 2) Project Report by 26 August 2022
8. Viva session with the top 20 teams Mid October 2022
9. Winners Announcement Online Live Event by first week of November 2022
For further details, kindly contact Ms. Vanitha Vasu via email to email@example.com or WhatsApp to 014-7124217
8,780 total views, 2 views today