Young people with the education system today have become spectators rather than participants in their own ‘learning futures’. This is done, for instance by overwhelming them with the subject – facts and figures which they memorize for tests and exams and soon forget after the fact! It should be argued that real education must help create a creative and critical mind by empowering the learner to take charge of his/her education. Subjects and Topics are mere tools to nurture this new independent thinking mind. Thus any subject in science or arts is able to create this ultimate goal if ‘delivered’ properly.
We hope to use this camp to inculcate and introduce the concept of thinking creatively and critically when making choices in their lives. Both methods of logic and empirical reasoning will be introduced with simple lectures and fun activities. Also competitive and collaborative methods of producing an outcome will be explored by the participants. We will charge the participants a minimal to cover some of the cost of the program. However, if funds permit, we will also provide scholarships to deserving students.
- Target Group
- Objectives of Program
- Mode of Implementation
- CCT Application Form
- The Camp is focused on helping to empower the young to think in both a creative and critical manner. It consists of presentations and activities to help the young and youth build this capacity
- We hope to build effective resources, guides, and know-how to make this a recurring camp for young people across the country.
- We using competitive and collaborative methods to produce positive outcomes when making choices.
- The camp helping the young to realize on learning is making fun by not just memorizing facts but by understanding what you learn.
The Implementation Steps for the project are as follows:
1. ASTI will form a working group to oversee and be responsible for the delivery of the project. ASTI will be responsible to develop the overall policy of the project/program.
2. The working group shall:
3. ASTI will reconstitute a working group for the next project.
1,034 total views, 1 views today